Tray Lewis offered up some of his favorite recipes with Style magazine. Now you can bring the taste of Tray’s Cookout to your home! Read Tray’s inspirational story here while you dish up some delicious pasta.
- 1 pound lean ground meat beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups of favorite spaghetti sauce
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces dried spaghetti or favorite pasta shape
- 3 cups water for boiling
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Add the olive oil to the frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef to the frying pan and season with seasoned salt, garlic and onion.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning or sticking.
- Let the ground beef simmer on low heat while you prepare the pasta.
- Boil water and add pasta with salt. Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- As the ground beef finishes browning, add tomato paste, chopped onions and minced garlic to the beef.
- Keep stirring until all of the beef is cooked and no pink is remaining.
- Once pasta is done, drain and mix in pasta sauce of choice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: Spice up your favorite sauce with dry red wine or broth. Boil a little longer to make the sauce thicker. Mix in fresh tomato to the ground beef mixture and add to the pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.